Diesel Fuel suffers from a perplexing problem with a natural tendency to degrade over time. Diesel Fuel has a “shelf life” from 6 months (for bio-diesel) to one year for ULSD from the time it leaves the refinery, according to Caterpillar. Storage of fuel at high temperatures (higher than 68 deg. F) and the pressure and heat from daily operations of an engine’s High Pressure Common Rail (HPCR) injector systems further degrades your fuel. Combine these adverse impacts with microbial growth in fuel, directly related to water contamination, and you have dark fuel with compromised combustibility, clogged fuel filters, excessive exhaust smoke, and expensive injector component failure.
The LG-X Series Fuel Conditioners stabilize and condition fuel by reducing the size and mass of clusters of fuel molecules. In combination with particulate filters and water separators, fuel conditioners prevent fuel degradation while keeping ferrous particles out of the fuel stream. Adding an LG-X inline fuel conditioner between the engine’s primary filter and fuel tank will improve combustion, ensure peak turbo performance, decrease exhaust temperature, improve fuel economy, lower emissions, and extend filter, injector and engine life. Fuel Conditioners are ideal for any application where fuel is stored or used.
The LG-X 1500 Magnetic Fuel Conditioner features the following:
- Material: Anodized Marine Grade Corrosion Resistant 6061 Aluminum
- Port Size: 3/4″ inlet – outlet NPT (BSPT adapters are available at additional cost)
- Fuel Line Inside Diameter: Do not use LG-X unit with port size smaller than fuel line Inside Diameter
- Flow Rate (On Engine): 50 to 350 GPH (up to 1,325 LPH) – Double flow rate on recirculating applications
- Engine HP: up to 1,500 HP/1,118 kW
- Weight: 3.5 lb (1.6 kg)
- Rebuild Kits: LG-X 1500 Replacement O-ring and screws available at additional cost (Please call for additional information)
- Adapters: adapter set of two fittings for use with BSP Thread available at additional cost (Please call for additional information)
Mounting an LG-X 1500 Fuel Conditioner inline between your primary filter and your fuel tank assures fuel is continuously polished and fuel is kept in optimal condition while your engine is running.